With so many web hosts out there, it can be difficult to decide which to use for your hosting needs. Reading up on head to head hosting comparisons can help narrow down your search. The following will compare Squarespace hosting with GoDaddy hosting.
- 24/7 support
- GoDaddy’s refund policies vary depending on the plan (usually 30 day money-back guarantee), while Squarespace offers a short 14 day free trial
- GoDaddy has both Linux and Windows-based servers
- GoDaddy is a popular domain registrar
- GoDaddy uses the industry-standard cPanel
- Squarespace does not offer phone support
- Squarespace functions as an all-in-one website builder
- Squarespace is ideal for designers, portfolios, photographers, boutique businesses, online shops and bloggers
- Squarespace is known for their aesthetically pleasing design templates
GoDaddy has the advantage here. The cheapest plan you can get with Squarespace costs $12.00/month, and that’s only if you agree to a yearlong plan. Meanwhile, you can get hosting plans with GoDaddy for as low as $3.50/month.
When it comes to pure hosting, we’d definitely recommend GoDaddy over Squarespace. GoDaddy has more reliable uptime, faster page-loading speeds, and more helpful technical support. On top of this, their hosting plans are more versatile and are equipped with superior features. Not to mention, GoDaddy is significantly cheaper.
For more information on GoDaddy and Squarespace, check out the videos below: