There are plenty of web hosts out there, which can make choosing one a difficult task. These head-to-head hosting comparisons can help ease your decision. Below, we’ll compare Squarespace with Web.com hosting, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Squarespace is known for their aesthetically pleasing design templates
- Squarespace does not offer phone support
- Squarespace functions as an all-in-one website builder
- Squarespace is ideal for designers, portfolios, photographers, boutique businesses, online shops and bloggers
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows-based severs
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- Web.com has a 30 day money-back guarantee, while Squarespace offers a 14 day free trial
- WordPress available for installation
Web.com is the cheaper option, with shared plans start at $5.95/month. Meanwhile, the cheapest plan that Squarespace offers costs $12.00/month
Although Squarespace is close to being a top-tier web host, they have some issues that they still need to work out. Squarespace’s SEO is pretty heavily critiqued, their website building is hit-or-miss for most people, they don’t offer phone support, and they have an unusually short 14 day free trial. Also, Squarespace is significantly more expensive than Web.com. While Web.com does not offer anything too flashy, they are an all-around solid web host with very reliable uptime. Therefore, we’d recommend Web.com over Squarespace for your hosting needs.
For more information on Squarespace and Web.com, check out the videos below: