Below, we’ll compare Squarespace hosting to WP Engine hosting. It’s an interesting matchup, since Squarespace is an alternative to WordPress hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- WP Engine has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee, while Squarespace offers a 14 day free trial
- WP Engine offers strictly WordPress hosting, so they have many WordPress-specific features
- WP Engine has better customer service and more reliable uptime
- WP Engine has more advanced security features
- Squarespace is known for their aesthetically pleasing design templates
- Squarespace does not offer phone support
- Squarespace functions as an all-in-one website builder
- Squarespace is ideal for designers, portfolios, photographers, boutique businesses, online shops and bloggers
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
WP Engine is arguably the best WordPress host out there, but they are not cheap. Their cheapest plan, the ‘Personal’ plan, costs $29.00/month. Meanwhile, Squarespace has hosting plans starting at $12.00/month.
We’d have to recommend WP Engine over Squarespace. When it comes to features and performance, there aren’t many hosts out there that can compete with WP Engine. Their WordPress-specific features, solid reliability, and lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee make them a very appealing host for your WordPress needs. WP Engine has faster page-loading speeds, more reliable uptime, and better customer support than Squarespace. Squarespace is close to being a top option, but they have some issues with their SEO and hosting reliability.
For more information on WP Engine and Squarespace, check out the videos below: