If you’re having trouble deciding between Weebly and iPage, we can help. Below, we’ll break down their hosting similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Weebly’s technical support has a very poor reputation
- Weebly offers a free plan that comes with 500mb of storage and all the basic necessities for website building/hosting
- Weebly’s mobile sites are not customizable
- iPage has a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- iPage uses the vDeck control panel
- iPage does not have month-to-month payment plans
Weebly’s standard hosting plans start at $8.00/month. However, as mentioned above, they do have a free plan available, but its features are very basic. Weebly’s Free plan is only really recommended for small, temporary sites. Meanwhile, iPage has some of the cheapest hosting plans out there, with shared hosting starting at $1.99/month.
iPage and Weebly are both solid hosts, but we’d have to recommend iPage overall. iPage has slightly better performance, with reliable uptime and above average page-loading speeds. Weebly’s technical support is also inferior; they have a reputation for being non-responsive. While Weebly’s Free plan is appealing on paper, it’s not practical for most sites. In this case, iPage is significantly cheaper, with feature-rich shared hosting plans starting at just $1.99/month.
For more information on iPage and Weebly, check out the videos below: