Deciding on which web host to use can be a difficult decision. Reading up on comparisons can really help narrow down your options. The following will compare Wix hosting with Flywheel hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Wix functions as an all-in-one site builder/web host
- Wix offers a free plan, while includes a free Wix domain, 500MB storage, and 1GB bandwidth
- Wix’s long-term pricing is more expensive than similar competitors
- Wix comes with many built-in features, although adding things that aren’t built-in is a difficult process
- Flywheel is designed specifically for freelancers, creative agencies, and designers
- FlyWheel is known for their beautiful interface
- Flywheel has tested as one of the fastest web hosts, and is significantly faster than Wix
- FlyWheel has a 2 month free trial period with any 12 month plan, while Wix allows a 14 day free trial
Wix hosting (6 plans total):
- Free Plan
- Connect Domain Plan
- Combo Plan
- Unlimited Plan
- eCommerce Plan
- VIP Plan
- Managed WordPress
While Flywheel offers premium features and performance, you will have to pay for it. Their cheapest plan, the ‘Tiny’ plan, costs $15.00/month. Aside from Wix’s Free plan (detailed above), their hosting plans start at $5.00/month.
Flywheel is the clear winner, in our opinion. Flywheel is one of the best WordPress hosts out there; their uptime reliability is top-notch and they’ve tested as one of the fastest web hosts. While Wix is above average in both of these categories as well, they are not on the same level as Flywheel. On top of this, Wix’s plans are far more limited than Flywheel’s. The one major advantage that Wix has over Flywheel is their prices, with standard plans starting at $5.00/month and a basic free plan that is perfect for temporary sites.
For more information on Wix and Flywheel, check out the videos below: